Vérité: The evolution of a decade
Three different expressions, a decade apart. Experience this comparative masterclass between Vérité’s 2008 and 2018 vintages.
Join multi-generational duo, Vigneron Pierre Seillan and Assistant Winemaker Hélène Seillan, alongside co-host Clare Tooley MW for this comparative showcase.
For the Bordeaux-blend ‘micro-cru’ wines from Vérité, Sonoma's complex diversity of soil types and hillsides with varying orientations, as well as a significant day-night temperature shift, are the cornerstones of their singular character and stellar quality.
La Joie is a Médoc-like, Cabernet-Sauvignon-dominant wine. Finely-etched and elegant with subtle length.
La Muse, Merlot-dominant, is more in a Pomerol style. Fleshy and mellow with poised berry fruit.
Le Désir showcases Cabernet Franc. Stands out for the quality of its tannins and floral finish that’s light on its feet.
Inspired by the traditions of the old world and the potential of the new world, this Decanter at Home masterclass offers a rare opportunity to explore this iconic winery and enjoy six outstanding styles in your own home.
£195.oo masterclass wine samples (UK & USA only) / £45.00 viewing only (includes access to all event content)
This 60 minute tasting will begin with an introduction explaining the history and philosophy of the producer followed by a tasting of their six selected wines.
This masterclass has been pre-recorded in order to complement your schedule, and is available to watch, or re-watch at any time from 11 December 2021 until 10 January 2022.
Inside the tasting pack
- 6 x 75ml samples of each wine listed
- An A3 tasting mat
- An A5 tasting booklet
- A Decanter pen
To ensure that you receive samples in the best condition possible all wines will be tasted by a Decanter wine tasting expert for quality assurance before being re-bottled as samples. Bottling of the samples will take place in an anaerobic tank to eliminate oxygen contamination and sealed with a secure screwcap. Samples will be re-bottled and sent to you ahead of the masterclass.
We are delighted to be able to offer samples for purchase to our US audience as well as our UK audience.
Please note the restrictions we still face for these areas.
- UK: We are able to ship to the Channel Islands, but not Northern Ireland.
- US: We are unable to ship to AK, AR, CT, DE, HI, MD, MS, NH, NJ, RI, SD, UT, VT, WV.
- US: If you are buying US samples please be advised that Decanter does not take responsibility for the logistics & rebottling. Jackson Family Wines will be coordinating the US logistics.
Pierre Seillan has crafted the wines of Vérité since 1998.
He began his wine career at Bellevue, his family’s estate in Gascony, where he learned to grow Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and several white varieties.
Later he focused on Cabernet Franc at Château de Targé in the Loire Valley. He then spent two decades in Bordeaux making wine at several châteaux for Raoul and Jean Quancard.
Working across eight appellations, he quickly discovered the many nuances within various vineyard sites.
This experience became the backbone of his micro-cru philosophy and allowed him to build on the elegance and complexity that defines Vérité wines.
Under her father Pierre’s tutelage, Hélène Seillan has stepped into the role of assistant winemaker at the estate, ushering in the next generation.
Born in 1987, Hélène spent her childhood in France and California. Following in her father’s footsteps, Hélène pursued a career in winemaking, splitting her time between Sonoma County and Saint-Émilion.
Starting in 2006, she served as assistant winemaker for her father at the family’s Bordeaux estate, where she worked on all aspects of winery management, showing the same talent, passion and ability as her father.
Hélène studied Viticulture and Oenology at the Institut Rural de Vayres in Bordeaux.
Clare Tooley MW
Clare lives and works in California, sourcing wine for national wine clubs and writing for Decanter.com.
Born to British parents whose work took them to Paris, Clare spent the first seven years of her life in France.
After graduation from Clare College, Cambridge, she began a life in London’s wine trade before moving to Bordeaux with her husband and two sons in 2006.
She managed a négociant business and winemaking business in Castillon-la-Bataille and purchased Bordeaux for the Direct Wines Group.
In 2014, Clare moved to Napa, California. She became a Master of Wine in February, 2021.
Can't get samples, but still want to watch?
For every masterclass we hold we always provide the option to watch along at home, without the need to buy samples.
We don't want you to miss out, and if you buy a 'Watch Only' ticket you'll be able to view this masterclass as well as all the other masterclasses and video content within this Decanter at Home event.
Are you a Decanter Premium member?
If you'd like to become a Decanter Premium member, you can purchase a yearly subscription from our Buy Tickets page at the discounted price of £60 (normally £75).
Get ready to unlock exclusive daily articles written by our team of wine experts. Read 1,000s of wine reviews every month and get instant access to the latest issues and back issues on the Decanter Premium App.
- Once payment has been processed and your booking confirmed you will receive an email notification to confirm delivery of your wine samples and tasting pack.
- Wine samples will be delivered by DPD. You will receive an email to confirm your delivery window at which point you are able to accept this time or change the time if absolutely necessary.
- Decanter does not take any responsibility for the wine samples once they have been delivered.
- Wine samples will not be replaced unless they have gone missing in transit.
- Wine samples are unfortunately unavailable to residents living in Northern Ireland, UK. For the US, samples are unavailable for the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Jersey, Ohio, Rhode Island, Utah. If you reside in one of these locations and purchase wine samples, your order will be cancelled and refunded to the payment card used for the transaction.
- If you are buying US samples please be advised that Decanter does not take responsibility for the logistics & rebottling. Jackson Family Wines will be coordinating the US logistics.
- Strictly over 18s permitted to purchase the wine samples.
- We have a no cancellation policy on our virtual events, however attendees may nominate an alternative person to attend up to 24 hours prior to the start of the event. This is for viewing access only and no samples will be transferred or sent. The change is at no charge, and all substitutions must be received in writing to email@example.com.
- This information is correct at time of publication, but the organisers reserve the right to change any part of the event without notice.