Château Angelus: A philosophy of excellence
Acknowledged worldwide as one of the flagships of Saint-Emilion, Château Angelus conveys all the commitment and attachment of a family and team whose goal is excellence, to heighten the fundamental nature of a terroir.
At Château Angélus, in the vineyard and in the winery, respect for traditional methods is combined with unceasing technical progress to bring each harvest, each vintage to its very highest level of perfection.
With its south-facing slopes and a high proportion of Cabernet Franc in the blend, the wines of Angélus are rightly known for their distinctive style; giving generosity, density, elegance, pedigree, purity, freshness and longevity.
Join Stéphanie de Boüard-Rivoal, president and CEO of Angelus, and Jane Anson as they explore the history, terroir and varieties of this famed Saint-Émilion Premier Grand Cru Classé property through a comparative tasting of six wines.
£245.oo masterclass wine samples (UK only) / £45.00 viewing only (includes access to all event content)
This 60 minute tasting will begin with an introduction explaining the history and philosophy of the producer, followed by a tasting of six selected wines.
This masterclass has been pre-recorded in order to complement your schedule, and is available to watch, or re-watch at any time from 11 December 2021 until 10 January 2022.
Inside the tasting pack
- 6 x 75ml samples of each wine listed
- An A3 tasting mat
- An A5 tasting booklet
- A Decanter pen
To ensure that you receive samples in the best condition possible all wines will be tasted by a Decanter wine tasting expert for quality assurance before being re-bottled as samples. Bottling of the samples will take place in an anaerobic tank to eliminate oxygen contamination and sealed with a secure screwcap. Samples will be re-bottled and sent to you ahead of the masterclass.
Due to restrictions on duty and costs along with supply issues, we are not always able to offer samples for purchase to our customers outside of the UK.
Please note that the wine samples for this event are currently only available to UK residents (including Channel Islands, excluding Northern Ireland)
Stéphanie de Boüard-Rivoal
Stéphanie was born and brought up in a winemaking family in Bordeaux.
After completing an economics degree, Stéphanie became an official member of the Angelus supervisory board in 2009; in 2011 she achieved the international Wine & Spirit Education Trust Advanced Certificate.
Stéphanie joined her father, Hubert de Boüard de Laforest, and her uncle, Jean-Bernard Grenié, in the running of Angélus in 2012. She now devotes her time to the family business, bringing new impetus and vision to Angelus.
Stéphanie is the third woman to preside over the estate after Catherine Sophie de Boüard de Laforest in 1800 and Eugénie Chatenet in 1900.
Jane Anson is the Bordeaux Regional Chair for the Decanter World Wine Awards and has lived in the region since 2003.
She is the author of Inside Bordeaux (BB&R Publishing 2020), Wine Revolution, The Club of Nine and Bordeaux Legends, a history of the 1855 First Growth wines, as well as co-author or translator of over a dozen wine and travel books. Jane has won several awards for her writing, including Louis Roederer Wine Online Communicator of the Year 2020, and Born Digital Best Editorial 2020.
She is a graduate of the DUAD tasting diploma with the Bordeaux Institute of Oenology and an accredited wine teacher at the Bordeaux École du Vin. Jane recently founded janeanson.com, her new website dedicated to Bordeaux
Can't get samples, but still want to watch?
For every masterclass we hold we always provide the option to watch along at home, without the need to buy samples.
We don't want you to miss out, and if you buy a 'Watch Only' ticket you'll be able to view this masterclass as well as all the other masterclasses and video content within this Decanter at Home event.
Are you a Decanter Premium member?
If you'd like to become a Decanter Premium member, you can purchase a yearly subscription from our Buy Tickets page at the discounted price of £60 (normally £75).
Get ready to unlock exclusive daily articles written by our team of wine experts. Read 1,000s of wine reviews every month and get instant access to the latest issues and back issues on the Decanter Premium App.
- Once payment has been processed and your booking confirmed you will receive an email notification to confirm delivery of your wine samples and tasting pack.
- Wine samples will be delivered by DPD. You will receive an email to confirm your delivery window at which point you are able to accept this time or change the time if absolutely necessary.
- Decanter does not take any responsibility for the wine samples once they have been delivered.
- Wine samples will not be replaced unless they have gone missing in transit.
- Wine samples are currently only available to residents in England and Wales (overnight delivery), Scotland and the Channel Islands' (two-day delivery). If you reside outside of these locations and purchase wine samples, your order will be cancelled and refunded to the payment card used for the transaction.
- Strictly over 18s permitted to purchase the wine samples.
- We have a no cancellation policy on our virtual events, however attendees may nominate an alternative person to attend up to 24 hours prior to the start of the event. This is for viewing access only and no samples will be transferred or sent. The change is at no charge, and all substitutions must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This information is correct at time of publication, but the organisers reserve the right to change any part of the event without notice.