CHARLES CURTIS MW's FAVORITE BURGUNDIES
Saturday, June 18 | 12:45pm - 2pm
Join Decanter’s Charles Curtis MW, author of The Original Grands Crus of Burgundy, who will guide attendees through a selection of his favorite Burgundies via a survey of wines from across the Côte d'Or.
Red and white, Côte de Beaune and Côte de Nuits, premier cru and grand cru, this masterclass will be a highly personal ramble by Charles through some of the sites and some of the producers that provide some of today’s most compelling Burgundy wines.
While none qualify as inexpensive, we are confident that after tasting these 12 wines you will see that the quality, diversity, and value in this breathtaking region can still astonish.
- Domaine Bruno Clair, Gevrey-Chambertin Premier Cru Clos du Fonteny Monopole 2011 (from magnum)
- Domaine Robert Groffier, Bonnes-Mares Grand Cru 2019
- Domaine Robert Groffier, Chambolle-Musigny Premier Cru Les Amoureuses 2019
- Domaine Jacques Prieur, Musigny Grand Cru 2019
- Chateau de la Tour, Clos de Vougeot Grand Cru Vieilles Vignes 2017
- Chateau de la Tour, Clos de Vougeot Grand Cru Hommage à Jean Morin 2017
- Domaine Sylvain Cathiard, Nuits-St-Georges Premier Cru Aux Murgers 2004
- Domaine Thibault Liger-Belair, Nuits-St-Georges Premier Cru Les St-Georges 2014
- Bouchard Père & Fils, Corton Grand Cru Le Corton 2016 (from magnum)
- Domaine de Courcel, Pommard Premier Cru Grand Clos des Épenots 2011
- Domaine des Comtes Lafon, Meursault Premier Cru Les Gouttes d'Or 2015
- Bonneau du Martray, Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru 2018
Price: $295 per ticket
Time: 12:45pm - 2pm
Charles Curtis MW
New York-based Charles Curtis became a Master of Wine in 2004 and is the former head of wine for Christie’s in the Americas and Asia.
He is the author of The Original Grand Crus of Burgundy and writes extensively for Decanter on the wines of Burgundy, Champagne, Oregon and New York State.
Curtis is in demand as a public speaker on wine and food, and advises private, trade and institutional clients on fine wine and the auction trade through his company WineAlpha.
Georgina Hindle - Editor, Decanter Premium