BRUNELLO DI MONTALCINO - A STUDY IN CONTRASTS WITH MICHAELA MORRIS
Saturday, June 18 | 5:15pm - 6:30pm
Tuscany’s Montalcino region is shaped like a four-sided pyramid, whose well-sheltered, well-drained topography is bright, breezy and especially vine friendly.
The best Brunello di Montalcino wines sit alongside some of the world’s greats. Known for their elegant yet concentrated fruits and powerful, structured style this unmissable masterclass will offer Italian wine lovers a fantastic opportunity to get to grips with the terroir, style, quality and spectacular diversity that exists in the region.
Join Michaela Morris who has hand-selected 10 of the region's finest examples from different vineyard areas, all from 2013 - a vintage that was not marked by any temperature extremes nor abundant rain or drought. Each of these wines are really opening up and starting to show their individual and unique personalities.
- Biondi-Santi, Brunello di Montalcino 2013
- SassodiSole, Brunello di Montalcino 2013
- Canalicchio di Sopra, Brunello di Montalcino 2013
- Il Marroneto, Brunello di Montalcino 2013
- Castiglion del Bosco, Brunello di Montalcino 2013
- Frescobaldi, CastelGiocondo, Brunello di Montalcino 2013
- Col d'Orcia, Poggio al Vento Riserva, Brunello di Montalcino 2013
- Podere Giodo, Brunello di Montalcino 2013
- Val di Suga, Poggio al Granchio, Brunello di Montalcino 2013
- Casanova di Neri, Cerretalto, Brunello di Montalcino 2013
Price: $245 per ticket
Time: 5:15pm - 6:30pm
Michaela is a Vancouver-based wine writer and educator. She teaches about Italian wine internationally, is a contributor to Decanter and a Decanter World Wine Awards judge.
She was one of the first certified Italian Wine Experts through Vinitaly International Academy in 2015 and co-created the curriculum for VIA’s Italian Wine Maestro course. She holds a Wine & Spirit Education Trust Diploma.
With over 20 years’ experience in the wine industry, she has worked as a fine wine importer in Canada, ran the Bordeaux en primeur campaign for a private retailer and co-owned a company offering private and public wine tastings.
Georgina Hindle - Editor, Decanter Premium